Re: [avr-gcc-list] sine wave generator. ~~~

From: Grant Stockly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] sine wave generator. ~~~
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:54:24 -0800

At 07:41 AM 7/26/2002 +0200, you wrote:
How about this:

http://www.myplace.nu/avr/minidds/

Always been meaning to try it out :-)

http://www.stockly.com/adc/

I used an R2R network back in '99 to make a NTSC video driver and sound sampler. Before reading the following pages, be sure to know that I didn't know much back when I was in 9th grade. : ) I was NOT biasing the input audio correctly, effectively clipping ALL audio below 0v! : ) I should also point out that musical tastes have changed greatly! : |

It still sounded somewhat good for a 8bit R2R (6 bit effective, non laser trimmed resistors are horrible). The first tests used an R2R for input AND output. Later on I used the ADC on the mega and 8515 for input (still too stupid to bias) and an R2R for output.

I never published my final results, which included a biased input (bass finally worked! ; ) ) If anyone is interested, I can dig them up...

I also played around a little, trying to make neat sound effects. Take for example http://www.stockly.com/adc/test.mp3 (Temptations - My Girl). I disconnected the analog comparator wire (required for ADC R2R operations) and so the comparator was cycling in and out.

Grant