Re: [avr-gcc-list] What IDE are people using?

From: Peter Bosscha
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What IDE are people using?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:33:16 +0200

It's just an editor (:-)) but I'm pretty happy with this one: (FREE !!)

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

Does NOT handle positioning from error lines (is there any IDE that
does with AVRGCC ?)
But it does handle nice things like syntax highlighting & bracket
matching and it does allow you to compile from within the editor (just
set up a user macro).

Regards
Peter

>>> "Alex Shepherd" <address@hidden> 07/29/02 08:03AM >>>
Hi,

I am trying to use AVR Studio 3.5X. It goes but doesn't really add much
value as I don't need to run the symulator - yet so as an IDE it is
rather painful.

What alternatives are there that do things like parse the error log and
position you the editor on the line with the problem etc.

I am used to using Borland JBuilder etc and I have Win2K so if anyone
has a good (preferably free) IDE solution for using AVR-GCC on Win2K, I
would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers

Alex Shepherd