Re: [avr-gcc-list] what means error: relocation truncated to fit

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] what means error: relocation truncated to fit
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:59:07 +0200 (MEST)

Hi again,

I could now found out that this problem comes from an out of range
rcall in the assembler module. The solution ist simple:
change the order of linking. Interesting is that the project
for atmega128 is a lot bigger then for at90s8515.
8184->8402 bytes in flash! No changes in source at all
(only register renaming :-)

Bye
    Klaus

http://www.gmx.net