Re: [avr-gcc-list] FAQ (was: strange behaviour with ceil())

From: Sander Pool
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] FAQ (was: strange behaviour with ceil())
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:11:06 -0700

Ted,

if you specify -lm -lc on the gcc command line won't it search libm before
it searches libc? That way you could have all math symbols in libc but still
allow for dedicated implmentations to be used.

In any case, I don't see an issue with using -lm if I use math routines.
Reminds me of the old Unix days :-) So no need to change the libraries on my
account.

It's interesting to remember the hardware our fore-fathers used to develop
software. There really isn't a reason why we can't build a fully functional
computer with compiler and OS all running together on a mega128. And have
multiple people log into it at the same time. When I was taught Pascal on a
VAX-750 about 18 years ago we had dozens of people connected to it.
Performance sucked but it got the job done :-)

    Sander