Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc credibility

From: Denis Chertykov
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc credibility
Date: 31 Jul 2002 21:48:21 +0400

Marlin Unruh <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to thank those that responded to my question.
>
> If I understand correctly GNU or GCC is the same compiler that
> Linux is built with.

Read gcc.gnu.org about processors (a lot of) supported by GCC.

> GCC-AVR uses specific libraries written for the AVR. So basiclly
> using GCC-AVR you have the support of the Linux programming
> community,

To be more accurate: You will have a support of FSF community.
You will have a support of GCC maintainers.

> along with those that are kind (and gifted) enough to support the
> AVR libraries.

I'm and Marek Michalkiewicz are AVR port maintainers.
GCC also have a lot of generic maintainers.

You can read short history of AVR port development in GCC ChangeLog*
files. Search "avr" in gcc/gcc/ChangeLog*.

Denis.