[avr-gcc-list] JTAGICE software upgrade impossible

From: Patrizio Zelotti
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] JTAGICE software upgrade impossible
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:13:22 +0200

Hi,
thanks for the reply.

Geir Tore Olsen wrote:

> You need to make sure that you unplug the JTAGICE from the target board. You
> also must make sure that you don't have anything connected to any other
> serial port than the JTAGICE. I.E. if you have the STK500 connected to the
> other port, disconnect it. Power off the JTAGICE, close AVRStudio, power up
> the JTAGICE and start AVRStudio. Choose the AVRProg and off you go.
>
> But...... I have experienced problems with this procedure thou. For instance
> it won't work on my portable, but on my stationary it will. And at work, it
> won't work on serial port 3 to 6, but it will work on serial port 1 and 2.
Of course I have done all this: the JTAGICE was disconnected from target, powered and connected to notebook on COM1.
AVRprog is not able to connect to JTAGICE.

Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> Hi, I have updated my jtag ice with actual software from avr studio 4.02
> a few minutes ago. All things were without problems. Detected old SW,
> ask for update, press program flash, erase, upload, verify, ok.
> So I canĀ“t help you here. My software version is now
> 0x73/0x00. Maybe your bootloader was killed?

Maybe the problem is the bootloader or a fuse of the ATMEGA163 of the JTAGICE.
Can I get the bootloader file from somewhere and reprogram it ?

Thanks

Patrizio Zelotti