Re: [avr-gcc-list] JTAGICE software upgrade impossible

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] JTAGICE software upgrade impossible
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:22:34 +0200 (MEST)

> Of course I have done all this: the JTAGICE was disconnected from
> target, powered and connected to notebook on COM1.
> AVRprog is not able to connect to JTAGICE.

Please try first to make the update at a "normal pc". Notebooks have
sometimes
maybe more than sometimes much problems with serial devices, because they
have no +-12V supply. I have a notebook which give only +-4.8 Volt to Serial
IO.
Here only a few devices run at this serial port.

If the bootloader is demaged you need the original one. I don't think
that this software is available anywhere :-( You told us that there are some
Intel Hex files in older avr studio distributions. Look inside that. If
there
is a adress range in, which is in area of bootcode than you have the
bootcore, maybe an older one. Then I think you can connect to
the jtagice direct to the miso/mosi..... and bring that software in there,
you can use uisp on linux or some dos tools if you have some. I only have
unix tools. The update was my only try to use windows for the last month and
I realy know why :-)
So if you have downloaded the bootcore from that IntelHexFile you can
try to load the new update from avrstudio 4.0x, but please not with a
notebook.
see above)

Again good luck....

Klaus