[avr-gcc-list] question about inline function

From: Frantz Capiez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] question about inline function
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:16:44 +0200

Hi,

I'am trying to place in my code, inline function. The prototype is declared
as:

extern inline char foo(void) __attribute__ ((always_inline));

and function declared in .c is:

inline char foo(void)
{
}

compiler (gcc3.2) doesn't declare warning but my function is never used as
inline but simply called. I don't understand why. (same behavior if I
declare a static inline function inside a module, function is called not
'inlined').

Thank you

Frantz