Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S and the __mcucr__

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S and the __mcucr__
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

Read this and then init MCUCR in .init3:

http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/mem_sections.html

Hope that helps.

Ted Roth

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Kang Tin LAI wrote:

:) Hi,
:)
:) My project which is OK with libc 20020203 and gcc 3.0.x, but failed with
:) 20020630.
:)
:) I found that the weak __mcucr__ and its setup codes were removed from
:) gcrt1.S. I use defsym ld option to setup the MCUCR for external SRAM
:) access.
:)
:) In the gcrt1.S during startup, initialized data are copied to SRAM from
:) flash and then the bss zeroing. If MCUCR is not setup for external SRAM
:) access prior to data moving, and the length initialized data + bss
:) exceeds internal SRAM, then it is a serious problem.
:)
:) Kang Tin LAI <address@hidden>
:) avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org
:)