Re: [avr-gcc-list] Ramend in the iom103.h file

From: Grant Stockly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Ramend in the iom103.h file
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:39:08 -0800

At 11:01 AM 9/5/2002 +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
Grant Stockly <address@hidden> wrote:

> Could I change this to 0x0FE1 and have the compiler automatically start the
> stack pointer 30 bytes lower?  (And at the same time try not to allocate
> ram above 0xFE1?)

Nope.  The compiler doesn't care for its include files. ;-)

> I have a large assembly routine that needs a pretty big storage area
> for variables.

So what's the problem?  Simply declare the storage to belong to the
.bss section inside the assembler code, and the linker will take care
to arrange for it, together with the other compiler-generated .bss
variables.  The startup code will clear that SRAM area to 0.

I want to use only internal SRAM for my temporary storage space...and still have external SRAM available. Is this possible? Can I statically allocate a block of memory for my use?

Grant