[avr-gcc-list] Remote debugging with gdb and monitor?

From: Roland Zitzke
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Remote debugging with gdb and monitor?
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 14:41:38 +0200

Hi,
this question might be slightly OT but I wonder if anyone knows a recent
status of all the scattered activities to get gdb, gcc and a monitor program
running on the avr target to work together.
* There is the old avrmon with gdb 4.18 (I wrote a patch to make it run
under 5.0 about a year ago).

* on
http://members.telering.at/jessich/reinhard/avr/avrgdb/
a newer patch is introduced working with gdb 5.1 but:
snip--->
This gdb will work ONLY with
simulavr
and
avarice.
It will no longer be compatible with
avrmon-stk200. This is because of the remove of the avrmon specific parts.
 ---> snip

* on
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/download/ANNOUNCEMENT
it sais that the avr is now in gdb 5.2 supported directly:
<--snip
*** Changes in GDB 5.2.1:

* New targets.

Atmel AVR                                       avr*-*-*
 ---->snip
but it doesn't say anything about available stubs.
What I am looking for is a simple gdb + monitor arrangement for the avr.
Any suggestions / news?

Thanks - Roland