[avr-gcc-list] problem with EEPROM

From: Juraj Buliscak
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] problem with EEPROM
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:40:43 +0200

Hi all,

I am using AT90S2313.  In EEPROM on address 0x01 is written value 0xAA in
variable "val". Write process is OK. This is verified by downloadin eeprom
section using uisp eeprom download.

Now I want to read value of variable val from eeprom.
I use eeprom_rb function to read this value:

value = eeprom_rb((uint16_t)&val)

Problem is: after reading, value in eeprom is changed to 0xFF and eeprom_rb
is returning 0xFF not 0xAA.  I do not  know where is problem. I downloaded
eeprom by uisp after calling eeprom_rb and value on address 0x01 was
changed to 0xFF.

Could anybody help?

Juraj.