AW: [avr-gcc-list] mega128 series 0220 buggy

From: Schilling, Juergen (GE51)
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] mega128 series 0220 buggy
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:49:07 +0200

Hi Uwe, hi Anton,

>     Anton> When I started using the ATMega128, I had difficulty
in
>     Anton> programming, and ended up writing some JTAG
programming
>     Anton> software. This has been 100% reliable and very
> much faster than
>     Anton> SPI programming. There has been not even been a
> hint of a problem
>     Anton> with programming the ATMega128. With testing of my
JTAG
>     Anton> programming software, I must have re-programmed the
same
>     Anton> ATMega128 100s of times without any problems.
>
> Is your software available?
>
> I would like to program ATMega with my self built parallel
> port jtag cable.
I am also interested in your soft- and hardware. Can you provide
some further information here?

Anton, please be sure that you have the right timing in your
software for the programming, because some fast JTAG programmer
does not program the FLASH memory the right way and the device will
lose FLASH information within a few months or years. Only the
original Atmel algorithm will provide a good programmed FLASH.

Regards,
Juergen