Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128 support

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128 support
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:21:23 +0200

Hello Simon Han,

>       I have tried to use avr-gcc for compiling atmega128, but it does
> not seem to generate valid code.  Currently, I am using
>
> binutils-2.13
> gcc-3.2
> avr-libc-20020203

I am using the avrfreaks 3.2 compilation. I am not sure about the
versions of binutils and avr-libc but until now I have only some needed
modifications for the make found.

The avr compilation 3.2 uses a file called avr_make in avrgcc\avrfreaks.
For the cof generation only one copy line is necessary. You can comment
the others out.

%.cof: %.elf
        $(ELFCOF) $< $(OUT) $@ $*.sym
        $(CP) $(OUT)/$@ .
#       $(CP) $(OUT)/* .
#       $(CP) $(OUT)\\*sym .
#       $(CP) $(OUT)\\*S .

Also look at the optimization level. I was wondered that the code was
incomplete. Than I changed the level to -Os and it looks better.

And because of some errors of elfcoff do not use structures in
structures (even with pointers). I had many problems with that until I
changed my struct pointers to int pointers.

Can you explain why do you think to get not valid code? Do you have an
example?

Volkmar