Re: Fw: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Elf - coff volatile

From: Maurizio Ferraris
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Elf - coff volatile
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:40:01 +0100

At 16:57 04/11/2002 -0700, you wrote:

Probably the best ideal would be a complete, open IDE on Windows
which would include easy hooks to deploy compiler, debugger,
simulator, whatever. I have some ideas for the open IDE, but I also
know nothing about GDB for Windows. If this could get going, it could
then be a replacement for AVR Studio without elfcoff.

I don't know if this has something to do with this idea, but when I installed the AvrStudio4 it registered something like 30 COM objects with juicy names like: AvrParserCoff, AvrParserUbrof, AvrDisassembler, or AvrScriptTest, and a lot other regarding Simulator and target. These are probably not so documented, but the type libraries may be much informative.
I guess that the AvrStudio4 gui is based upon these interfaces.
It should be possible to get some of these objects working with a different gui. All interfaces are DispInterface so it is eve possible to use VB or Delphy or any language of choice.
Regards.
Mau.

Maurizio Ferraris                mailto:address@hidden
Via Borgonuovo 27                mailto:address@hidden