Re: [avr-gcc-list] Elf - coff volatile

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Elf - coff volatile
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:42:35 -0700

On 4 Nov 2002 at 16:20, Larry Barello wrote:

> Last spring I received email from an Atmel FAE claiming that they had
> two guys working on third party support (including elf) on the 4.x
> product. Given the problems with 4.x I am not suprised the third party
> support is lagging.  The 4.0 debugger came out practically a year
> late.  So I suppose .elf support will be about that far along as well.
>  Maybe next year this time :_
>
> I sure wish there was a way for the GCC guru's to help out Atmel.
> Send email to address@hidden and offer to help?  Send email to
> avrfreaks?  they seem to be in touch with the atmel engineers...
>
> Cheers!

AVRFreaks is one guy in Europe. I doubt he is any more connected to
Atmel than any one of us.

Also realize the AVR Studio is not an open source project. Offer to
help on a proprietary tool?

The biggest thing with AVR Studio, from what I understand, is their
debugging, simulation, and programming. There are open source tools
out there. It's just whether or not they work on Windows. It seems
that they all work on Linux. It's just getting a complete tool set
working under Windows and then packaging it and documenting it. Jeez,
it sounds like a project....

Eric