Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc won't install

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc won't install
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:37:10 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Marlin Unruh wrote:

:) I am trying to build a Linux box for developing on the Avr. I have RH8.0
:) and will get SuSe 8.1 on Monday. Anyway I have followed Rich Neswold's
:) document installing the GNU tool chain. I have everything installed, but I
:) can't get the avr-libc to install. In the documentation it sez < Note: If
:) you have obtained the latest avr-libc from cvs, you will have to run the
:) reconf script before using either of the build methods described below. >.
:) In the reconf script it sez, only if you know what you are do should you
:) run the script. Do I need to, or not?
:)
:) These are what I am working with:
:)
:)   binutils-021104.tar.bz2
:)   gcc-core-20021104.tar.bz2
:)   avr-libc-20021104cvs.tar.gz
:)
:) Should I be getting from a different source? What is best for a newbie at
:) building packages, etc.?

You only need to run reconf if you used cvs to checkout directly from the
cvs repository.

The tarball above should be equivalent to an official release such that
you only need to run the configure script or for convenience, the doconf
script.

  $ ./doconf

Hope that helps.

Ted Roth