Re: [avr-gcc-list] 2002-11-11 snapshots are available

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 2002-11-11 snapshots are available
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:04:58 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Schilling, Juergen (GE51) wrote:

:) Hi Theodore,
:)
:) > If you want to help with testing, please give the snapshots a try
:) and
:) > report your successes/failures/complaints/etc to the list.
:) I tried to compile the snapshot of AVR-LIBC with cygwin under
:) windows. It came up with an error message while compiling gctr1.S
:) that GCC version 3.3 or grater is required. Am I wrong that GCC
:) version 3.3 is not available yet?

No gcc-3.3 is not released yet, but the gcc snapshots report 3.3 when
compiling programs. Thus you need to use the snapshots for at least gcc
when building the avr-libc snapshot. If I'm not mistaken, you should be
able to use binutils >= 2.13.

Hope that clarifies things.

Ted Roth