Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hex or Rom File size

From: Christian Vogel
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hex or Rom File size
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:00:01 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:55:24AM -0000, Adrian Cottle wrote:
> Could someone please tell me how to find out what size the compiled Hex or
> Rom image is please? Im using the 8515 and it would be great to know when
> ive almost filled it up, or if i have room in the Rom for further sortware.

Have a look at the avr libc user-manual at
        http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/

Related Pages -> A simple project -> Linker Map Files

"avr-objdump is very useful... add -Wl,-Map,demo.map to my link command...
to generate demo.map (a portion of which is shown below)."

There you will see on which position in your flash/rom/... which part of
the program will be stored.

> This message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the

Have you noticed how stupid such a footer is when attached to a post
that is sent to a mailinglist?  http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

        Chris