[avr-gcc-list] Sleep mode on ATLS4433

From: Lorne Gutz
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Sleep mode on ATLS4433
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:50:05 -0500

Has anyone heard of a problem with this chip.   We have
over 1000 of them that don't work, 100% failure rate, of
older date code chips.

> The U3 on the new build (doesn't work): AT90LS4433
> 4A1, datecode 0045 (around Oct 2000), followed by
> SAC04203B.
     These chips do not work, and I have discovered that
all I have to do is prevent the chip from ever going into
sleep mode and everything is fine.

> The U3 from the old build (works): 90LS4433 4A1,
> datecode 0231 (around Aug 2002).

    These are the chips that have been in production
and everything has been working fine.  Over 4000
units worked fine and no problem with the sleep
mode.

any thoughts
thanks
Lorne