[avr-gcc-list] atmega323 oddities

From: Jeff Rose
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] atmega323 oddities
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:54:36 -0700 (MST)

Hello everyone,
        I am trying to understand a problem I have found with compiling
for the atmega323.  When I compile a simple test app written in assembly,
it will work if I don't specify the cpu type, but if I give avr-gcc the
-mmcu=atmega323, it doesn't work.  I can see that the boot code is a
little different, but I'm not sure what the boot code does.  Any hints or
ideas?  Is anyone  successfully using the atmega323 with gcc that can give
me some pointers?
        I'm using this weeks snapshots from Ted Roth's website.  (gcc,
binutils and avr-libc...)

Thanks,
Jeff Rose