Re: [avr-gcc-list] SPI troubles on atmega8

From: Brad Harrison
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SPI troubles on atmega8
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:42:59 -0600

Hi there,

Looking at your code, it seems that you havn't set the SS_BIT as an output.
If it's left as an input and is driven low, the SPI system becomes a slave
and you are not going to be able to initiate data transfer.  Set that bit as
an output and see what happens.

I hope that fixes your problem.  I went through a bunch of "fun" on the
weekend playing with SPI and a CAN controller.

Brad