Re: [avr-gcc-list] "A simple project" doesn't compile

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] "A simple project" doesn't compile
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:33:58 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Bob Paddock wrote:

:)
:) I have downloaded the Dec/2002 snapshots and built the avr-libc, binutils,
and
:) avr-gcc, every thing seems ok.
:)
:) Now I'm trying to compile demo.c from:
:)
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/demo_project.html#demo_project_src
:)
:) I'm getting :
:) demo.c:16:22: inttypes.h: No such file or directory
:) demo.c:17:20: avr/io.h: No such file or directory
:) demo.c:18:27: avr/interrupt.h: No such file or directory
:) demo.c:19:24: avr/signal.h: No such file or directory

This happens when you haven't installed avr-libc. Once you have the tools
(binutils, gcc and avr-libc) installed correctly, you should be able to
just make in the demo directory.

:)
:) I know the problem is that #include <> is not finding avr/io.h et.al.
:)
:) What I don't know is what where is the section that tells me what environment
:) variables I need to set  up besides the PATH?  I didn't see in in the FAQ or
:) over looked it in the avr-libc-user-manual if its in there.  DEFS & LIBS?

You shouldn't need to fiddle with your env vars if the tools are installed
properly. If you want to try to build the demo without installing
avr-libc, you still need binutils and gcc installed and working (required
to build avr-libc anyways), look at the demo rule in Makefile.am file in
doc/api/ for a convoluted example.

Ted Roth