Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gdb patches

From: Jeff Rose
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gdb patches
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:03:45 -0700 (MST)

Yeah I think so.  You should be able to compile the newest gdb for the
avr without any patches.  I have just started using simulavr, but I don't
think it really has any peripherals implemented yet.  I don't think it
would be a ton of work to implement timers if you wanted to though.  Its
basically a matter of calculating cycles per instruction and then doing
the math to implement pre-scalers...  It doesn't need any hardware though.
If you want in circuit emulation the JTAG dongle with avarice and gdb is
the way to go.

-Jeff