Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug in __builtin_return_address() ???

From: John Devereux
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug in __builtin_return_address() ???
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:46:57 +0000

* Denis Chertykov (address@hidden) wrote:
> John Devereux <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I seem to have a problem in the builtin function for obtaining a
> > functions return address, __builtin_return_address(). It seems to
> > generate wrong code when the function generates a stack frame. Of
> > course it may be my understanding that is wrong....
>
> Probably you right.
> __builtin_return_address isn't supported. I don't remember why. :(
> You are a first person who bothered about this.

 :) OK, thanks. I don't really need it either - I was trying to get an
understanding how functions use the stack, (I'm writing a real time
kernel).

What I _really_ wanted would have been a way to get the value of the
stack pointer on entry to the function... before call-used registers
are stacked.

--
John Devereux