Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Insight & simulavr ->correction :-)

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Insight & simulavr ->correction :-)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 15:35:58 +0100

"Theodore A. Roth" wrote:

> I just ran the test program through avr-insight and it seems to work
> correctly.
>
> I just thought of something:
>
> Did you give gdb/insight the "load" command after connecting to simulavr?
Yes, i can see the programm stepping correctly, also the branches are
taken, so
the program seems to be correct loaded to simulavr.

> If not you will see strange results while running in the debugger since
> there is no program in the flash of the simulator (all of flash is
> initialized to 0xff when simulavr starts up.
>
> What version of gdb/insight are you using?
GNU gdb 5.3
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=avr".

simulavr version 0.1.1
Copyright 2001, 2002  Theodore A. Roth.

Ubs, I tested the programm yet again and look in the memory. All looks
good now ???
So I switch to c-source mode. Do add watch and got the some problem....
What is wrong: I selected not my var "a", instead i selected "a++" so
gdb calculate every display cycle a step again. Thats it.

Sooorrrryyy!!

Nice that I am able to do the same mistake today again. Easy to debug
myself here :-)

So forget my mails.

Happy new your to all here! Be quite, I can here your giggling :-)

Thanks
        Klaus