Re: [avr-gcc-list] software restart

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] software restart
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:21:56 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Sander Pool wrote:

:)
:) I you have a spare IO line can't you pull _RESET_ down whenever you like?

I think you would need an external pull-up resistor for this to work since
the IO pins are tri-stated (HI-Z) on reset. Without the pull-up, you would
have the pin driving the RESET essentially floating, which might have
undesirable results.

You RESET handler would need to set DDRxn and PORTxn both to 1. Then you
could generate a RESET by setting PORTxn to 0.

This is my interpretation of the m128 data sheet. If I'm wrong, someone
who knows better should correct me. ;-)

Ted Roth