[avr-gcc-list] using objdump to find the problem {for loop problem}

From: Christian Vogel
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] using objdump to find the problem {for loop problem}
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:03:05 +0100

Hi Adrian,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 12:34:21PM -0000, Adrian Cottle wrote:
> I have tryed changing the flag rto static volatile and volatile. this seems
> to have corrected the UART loop problem but not the other loop problem

Just a tip: When compiling code with the "-g" option (which tells gcc to
generate debugging symbols in the .o file) you can use avr-objdump
to output a nice-to-read mixture of C and the disassembled machine
code. This often helps me to find the errors in my code.

Try "avr-objdump -S -D file.o" and you'll see...

      Chris

(
 I don't have my avr toolchain right here, but this webpage
 has an example, down at the bottom:
   http://www.enteract.com/~rneswold/avr/x305.html
)

--
Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions. -- Henry N. Camp