[avr-gcc-list] Storage of structures.

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Storage of structures.
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:18:05 -0000

Hi all once again,

Is there a way of storing structures into eeprom and then accessing them as
structures without first loading them into RAM?

I have a state machine which is made up of a linked list in a tree
structure. This allows me to re-use a lot of small functions and I can
easily change the operation by changing the data in the structures.

However I'd like to be able to store fixed (default) modes into flash and
then grab the data from flash.

However I don't think this can be done easily as flash data is not treated
the same as ram in AVR GCC.

Any thoughts?

Daniel Williamson

Macon Management and Design Ltd.
Macon House, Oakland Avenue,
Haslington, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 5PB, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1270 250142
Fax: +44 (0) 1270 583517
e-mail: address@hidden