[avr-gcc-list] Problems with make

From: gtoo
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Problems with make
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:37:58 +0100

Hi All!

I have a problem with make. When one of my defined variables in make gets too
long, make complains.

I use win2k, and the latest version of make, i.e. the one that comes with
winavr.

The error message looks like this.
make.exe: *** [bsd-340.dep] Error 3

I've traced the error so that I know that the error is generated when the
length, in bytes, gets too long.

The following line in my makefile gives the error:

# Compiler flags.
    CPFLAGS = -g -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct
-fshort-enums -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-ahlms=$(<:.c=.lst)

And the following line makes the error go away:

# Compiler flags.
    CPFLAGS = -g -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct
-fshort-enums -Wall -Wa,-ahlms=$(<:.c=.lst)

This is not the only time I've encountered this. I also had a problem when my
list of source files got too long.

Have anyone else out there experienced the same? and found a solution?

Best Regards
gtoo