Re: [avr-gcc-list] #define with avr-as

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] #define with avr-as
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:18:51 +0100

Roger,

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:06:49 -0500, RogerB wrote:

>       I'm trying to get the hang of avr-as and I'm having a little
> bit of trouble with redefining regester. I'm using avr-as version
> 2.13. When I build athe example programs that redefine a register
> everthing goes OK but in my program I get an error message
>  Error: register number above 15 required
> The program looks like this
> #include <avr/io2313.h>
[...]
> Any clues

I am sorry, I have no hint for you regarding the asm stuff. But
which version of avr-gcc do you using? Some weeks ago the io.h stuff
is changed and to include only the device specific ioxxx.h file is
not sufficient. Use #include <avr/io.h> instead of your line and
define the mcu in your makefile/avr-gcc call.

Volkmar