Re: [avr-gcc-list] interrupt-driven buffered UART receiver

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] interrupt-driven buffered UART receiver
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:54:09 +1300

> Could you use stdio in avr-libc?  I think this will get you all this
> functionality and more. All you need to provide are routines for the IO of
> single characters. I haven't looked at this in detail though.

This may have changed by now as I gather from the comments it's all pretty
new, but a few months ago I had a look at these I/O functions and would have
liked to use them. When I looked at the fdevopen() function it appears to
malloc a little bit of memory, which then requires all the dynamic memory
library which all adds to the foot print and took up too much FLASH in my
Mega8 so I used something else.

If a usage combination that did not require dynamic memory was available,
more potential use could be made of these functions.

Cheers

Alex Shepherd