Re: [avr-gcc-list] stdio is only partially functional

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] stdio is only partially functional
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:25:54 +0100 (MET)

"Sander Pool" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Besides, if my timing was off I would not get those individual
> characters (XY\n) correcly either, right?

If it is slightly off, some characters might still display correctly.

Also, you might temporarily add an additional delay before starting
each character (at least two bit times for the serial line, i. e.  for
a 9600 Bd line, at least 200 µs).  That way, you'll force a clear stop
bit condition before the next start bit, to allow the receiver to
resynchronize.

Maybe even just enabling the two stop bits feature in the transmitter
would yield the same effect.  The ATmega128 offers this feature, it's
the USBS bit in the UCSRnC register.

> PS Joerg, what kind of mail program do you use?

Since i'm gating this mailing list into a local newsgroup, i'm using
my newsreader (knews).  Shouldn't normally matter.

> When I try to reply to your
> email from Outlook Express it first opens Outlook 2000.

I don't have the slightest idea even about what might be the
difference between both. ;-)

Maybe it ``thinks'' my message were for a Usenet forum.  The only idea
i have is, my news reader converts the original "Newsgroups" header
into an "X-Original-Newsgroups" one when replying by email.  Just out
of curiosity, i'll manually delete it in this message.  Look whether
it makes a difference.  Perhaps time to write a bug report to
Microsoft. :-)