Re: [avr-gcc-list] typecast

From: David Breeze
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] typecast
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:01:30 +0000

Don't blame gcc for the typecasting reqirement.  It is not only good practice
to use typecasting but a requirement at the higher levels of C compliance.  Try
passing your code through Lint at even the lower requirement levels 2 or 3 and
it will throw out code which is not type cast where required.

David Breeze

>>> "Sander Pool" <address@hidden> 25 March 2003 23:30:08 >>>

I appologize for being the n'th person with the identical reply. Well, I
added a small rant about gcc :-)

Next time I'll read my entire inbox before replying. I was so exited I knew
the answer to a question I just -had- to send it :-)

    Sander