Re: Re: [avr-gcc-list] .data section

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: Re: [avr-gcc-list] .data section
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:36:33 +0100

Markus Assfalg <address@hidden> schrieb am 27.03.03 11:26:23:
> > I don't see an easy solution to this problem.  Now i realize why it's
> > a good idea that VMLAB uses the HEX file as input, and ignores
> > anything but the debugging information from the COFF file. ;-)
>
> What is VMLAB ?

VMLAB is a windows tool for simulation which uses coff files for debugging
information like AVRstudio. Jörg and I were in discussion why VMLAB uses not
only the coff file to get all stuff for the simulation. Meanwhile we know why
VMLAB uses both (hex and coff-file) instead of only the COFF-file. I thought
that most of the readers do not know what Jörg meant with this comment. But I
know ;-)

Volkmar
Die vCard -  Ihr neues Kennzeichen  -  bei WEB.DE FreeMail!
http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021156