[avr-gcc-list] Program flow problems when including stdlib.h

From: Wallace White
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Program flow problems when including stdlib.h
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:16:10 -0800 (PST)

I'm having problems using an emulator in AVR Studio. The problem occurs
only when the source files include stdlib.h.

Program flow does not occur as expected. After reset, the program
counter and the source code are not pointing to the start of main();.
>From there, the source code jumps from line to line strangely,
sometimes even showing comment lines as the current line.

I'm not sure if this is the actual program flow in the emulator or just
what AVR Studio is showing; I'm having some problems in the code
presently that make it hard to tell.

AVR Studio 3.56, loading .cof file
avr-gcc 2002-06-25 (from avrfreaks.net link)
AVR ICE200 emulating 8535

Any idea what's going on here? I can avoid using stdlib.h but I doubt
that's the real source of the problem.

Thanks,
Wallace