Re: [avr-gcc-list] toolchain for macosx

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] toolchain for macosx
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:01:20 -0700

On 3 Apr 2003 at 20:20, Torsten Hahn wrote:

> Hi Folk,
>
> i have trouble building the avr-toolchain on macosx.
>
> binutils-030324 from the avr-libc site builds and installs fine, but
> gcc-20030324  from the same place fails with
>
> <snip>
>

> on my macosx 10.2.4 (+December Developer Tools). Also the actual cvs
> version of the 3.3 branch fails to built with the same error. Has
> somebody build the avr-tools for osx ? Or has somebody an idea, why
> the build fails ?

Note that any particular week's snapshot of GCC can fail (especially
if it is an unreleased version of GCC such as 3.3).

I know that gcc-2030310 built fine for me. Maybe try building that
version and see what you get.

Also see www.openavr.org for the only known links about the AVR
toolset and Mac OS X.

Eric