Re: [avr-gcc-list] Optimization bug in AVRGCC 3.3 compiler

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Optimization bug in AVRGCC 3.3 compiler
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:25:57 -0600

On 6 Apr 2003 at 23:12, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 11:19:21AM -0600, E. Weddington wrote:
> > So... Is this really a bug with such a simple test case?
> >
> > If so, can I assume that it would be better to spin a new WinAVR
> > sooner rather than later?
>
> Yes, and yes.
>
> You may want to try the test case yourself using WinAVR 20030312, then
> build the current 3.3 branch and compare the asm output, to verify if
> the bug is really fixed.

I'm going to set a *tentative* new WinAVR release date of 20030416.
I've got a deadline to meet in my day job for next week as well, so
we'll see how the timing will work out. This WinAVR release will
probably use the GCC 3.3 upcoming snapshot of 20030414.

This release will not focus on project major upgrades, but any that
are ready will be included.

Comments are welcome.

Eric