Re: [avr-gcc-list] rcall should be call?

From: Tyler Hall
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] rcall should be call?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:55:02 -0500

Without simply emailing my entire project over, I just started another project with three functions laid out like this:

void beefedUpFunc(void);
void targetFunc(void);

void main(void) {
    targetFunc();
}
void beefedUpFunc(void) {
    ...lots of bogus code here...
}
void targetFunc(void) {
    int i;
    for (i=0; i<10; i++);
}

And the goal was to quickly beef up beefedUpFunc() with dummy code. I figured the quickest way (that could also be easily followed in a dissassemble) was to actually use 32-bit instructions in an asm() directive, so I used asm("call 0"::); over and over. And behold, the make failed saying that was invalid with cpu type avr2 (gcc actually made the complaint)! Sure enough, my mistake was that I forgot to specify -mmcu=avr5 in my CFLAGs, even though I had remembered to put -mavr5 in LDFLAGS.

Thanks,
Tyler