Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug in WinAVR 20030424

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug in WinAVR 20030424
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:05:22 -0600

On 28 Apr 2003 at 0:57, Oliver Tscherwitschke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following code produces an "internal compiler error: Segmentation
> fault":
>
> /* --- bug.c --- */
> void foo(char a)
> {
>     while (1);
> }
> /* --- end of bug.c --- */
>
> Compile with:
> avr-gcc -c -g -Os -mmcu=atmega103 -save-temps -Wunreachable-code bug.c
> -o bug.o
>
> It does compile without problems when using -O0 or without
> -Wunreachable-code.

FYI, there was just something on the GCC mailing list about some
-Wunreachable-code bug fix. I can't guarantee that it will apply to
your problem (I haven't looked into the specific GCC Problem Report).

If you can build your GCC from source then I would suggest trying out
next week's snapshot to see if that solved your issue. If you're only
using WinAVR, then check it out on the next WinAVR release, which
unfortunately probably won't be for another 4-6 weeks.

HTH,
Eric