Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb 5.3 bug, can not set R28

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb 5.3 bug, can not set R28
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:11:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) "Theodore A. Roth" <address@hidden> wrote:
:)
:) > I think that the correct syntax is "set var $r28 = 9".
:)
:) But it's not supposed to crash, is it?

My statement was wrong. You use the "set var" command to set a
variable in your program which may or may not use the same name as a
gdb internal variable. The vars starting with '$' are essentially
internal.

As for the crash, no it shouldn't. Thanks to Klaus, I know where the
problem is, but need to do some research to fix it. Basically, gdb
needs to learn how to handle the dual nature of some of the register
pairs (frame pointer / r29-r28).

Ted Roth