Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC Assembly

From: Larry Barello
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC Assembly
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:46:57 -0700

I wrote some compatibility macros between IAR and GCC for my RTOS.
They won't directly help you, but you can see what the differences
are.  You can probably hack them to translate the IAR directives into
GAS (Gnu Assembler) directives to minimize the editing.  The work
should be minimal.  GCC is much simpler (at the assembly level) that
IAR.

One question, however, why use the assembly generated by IAR?  Isn't
the GCC assembly good enough?  If you are splitting hairs that fine,
you probably should be hand coding the routines.

Check out www.barello.net/avrx and grab the latest zip.  The code
won't compile clean with the latest GCC, but the header, avrx.inc, is
fine.  The latest zips are out at the yahoogroups mailing list files
section.

Cheers!