[avr-gcc-list] Link problems with __mulhi3

From: Tom Harris
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Link problems with __mulhi3
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:02:00 +1000

Greetings

I have a problem that I cannot fix. I have just upgraded to the most recent
release of WinAVR, and have a problem where one of my libraries requires
symbol  __mulhi3 to be linked in, and this fails. I have confirmed that the
linker search path includes the directory where libgcc.a is to be found, and
I have tried manually linking libgcc _after_ linking my library, but nothing
works.

I was under the impression that any symbols required from libgcc were always
linked in. Any ideas of what is wrong?

TomH <tomh(AT)optiscan(DOT)com>