Re: [avr-gcc-list] warning: built-in function `index' declared as non-fu

From: Per Hallsmark
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] warning: built-in function `index' declared as non-function
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 12:17:09 +0200

well... the problem looks like 'index' symbol is already used as
a name for a built-in function in the compiler suite....

And yes, of course you are free to use your own variable names
as long as they are unique! ;-)

George Kalovyrnas wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem (well, not exactly a problem).
In my program I have declare a variable "unsigned short index".
In compilation I get: "warning: built-in function `index' declared as
non-function".

Of course, this is not an actual problem. I could declare the variable with
a different name.

BUT, I am curious and a bit stubborn (I want to use my own variable name).
What's the problem?

I am using WinAVR 20030424.

Thanks to all the folks out there..