Re: [avr-gcc-list] make: *** [test_uart.cof] Error 255

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] make: *** [test_uart.cof] Error 255
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:24:06 +0200 (MET DST)

"Stefan Goerres" <address@hidden> wrote:

> avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlmsn=test_uart.lst
> -mmcu=at90s8515 -I. test_uart.c -o test_uart.o
> avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlmsn=uart.lst
> -mmcu=at90s8515 -I. uart.c -o uart.o
> avr-gcc test_uart.o uart.o  -Wl,-Map=test_uart.map,--cref
> -mmcu=at90s8515 -o test_uart.elf

There is no indication whatsoever that it doesn't compile.  In fact,
compilation seems to finish quite fine to me.

It's only objtool that falls over.  That is only needed for the COFF
file in AVR Studio, but not for the chip itself.

You can try to find why it is complaining, or wait a little.
Scheduled on monday, we'll probably open beta-tests for my
coff-avr-patch that enables the ELF->COFF conversion in GNU binutils.