[avr-gcc-list] Re: bootloader / flash coding / avr

From: Reza Naima
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: bootloader / flash coding / avr
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 16:31:33 -0700

I think I found the culprit to my woes. I havn't been able to test it (need to go into office where the gear is at), but it seems that I was using a default Makefile which generated the binary using this syntax :

avr-objcopy -j .text -j .data -O binary

Thus, the .bootloader section would not be generated. (Grr..). I removed the -j options, and the code grew from a few K to over 100K, which is about what I would have expected it be. I should have been tipped off that the programming (via avarice) went so fast, but I thought it was just skipping over the unsued space. .

What is the best way to generate a file to be uploaded (not sure the formats that avarice accepts) via objcopy where I'll be having a separate bootloader section?

Thanks,
Reza