Re: [avr-gcc-list] Boot loaders

From: Geoffrey Wossum
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Boot loaders
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:27:31 -0500

On Monday 09 June 2003 03:11 pm, Larry Barello wrote:
> The "intel hex" output of avr-objcopy only supports 64k address space.  How
> do folks get bootloader code out of their projects?  Is there another
> suitable format I can use that understands 128k address space?
>
> Srec looks great!

That's interesting, because the I have to use Intel hex to get > 64kb support.
Actually, with uisp, either srecords or Intel hex work fine with > 64kb.  For
production, however, we use the Kanda AVR ISP/PSI software.  For greater than
64 kb programs, that thing only works with Intel hex.

---
Geoffrey Wossum
Software Engineer
Long Range Systems - http://www.pager.net