Re: [avr-gcc-list] New Issues: AVRStudio and debugging with .COF Files

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] New Issues: AVRStudio and debugging with .COF Files
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:27:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Bryan Jarmain <address@hidden> wrote:

> Are there any recommended ELF debuggers that will work with an AVR
> JTAG-ICE - preferably with a front-end? I am still using
> Windoze. Or will I need to upgrade to Linix? ;-)

Upgrading to a Unix might be the easiest option. :-)

I have no idea about GDB frontends.  I've been using GDB for more than
a decade now, so i'm simply used to the command-line frontend of it.
Together with Emacs, it's a nice IDE for me.  Many commands can be
abbreviated to a single letter, just hitting <Enter> repeats the
previous command, so it's easy for example to single-step through a
source.

People seem to praise DDD as a nice frontend, but i've heard that it
hasn't been ported well to Windows.  Insight is said to work there.

You need avarice as the glue between the GDB and the JTAG box.