Re: [avr-gcc-list] New Issues: AVRStudio and debugging with .COF Files

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] New Issues: AVRStudio and debugging with .COF Files
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Reza Naima wrote:

:) Just stepping through code causes avarice to drop the connection with
:) gdb (something crashes).

Did gdb crash I'd be interested in seeing the output from gdb (with
'set debug remote 1') and from avarice (with -d option). gdb-5.3 for
avr has some known problems which I think I have solved in my latest
gdb work.

:) And latley, I've been getting E01 errors when just trying to
:) connect to avarice from gdb.

Did this happen when issuing the 'load' command from gdb? If so, I
just fixed this problem in avarice 2 days ago.

:) When it did work, I had to restart it at least once every minute..

Can you be a bit more specific? What happened which forced you to
restart?

:) Have others found it more reliable?

I use it regularly with a high degree of success. But then, I'm always
using the latest cvs of avarice and gdb which tends to scare most
people off (and rightly so).

Ted Roth