Re: [avr-gcc-list] Programming Circuit for AVRDUDE

From: M. Fahmy F.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Programming Circuit for AVRDUDE
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:26:37 +0700

Hi there,

Now I'm in the first month of using AVR with "my own" ISP dongle :)
It's just fun.

I don't know if it can download a program so called "bootloader" since I
have never built such program :(
It works fine until now for "my regular" programs.

If you still interested in creating your own ISP dongle, I hope this might
help you.
a. Take a look into the avrdude.conf file, there're informations on how to
use the parallel port pins for your avrdude,
b. Take time to apply bus-buffer ( eg. 74xx245 ) and separate VCC supply for
your dongle, ( I don't draw power from my parallel port! )

Google up for "AVR ISP dongle", you'll find interesting sites.

Have fun with your new AVR :)

~fhy